Tuesday, June 12, 2012

On Turning Twenty-Five


Let me take this time to thank my friends, relatives and loved ones who thoughtfully sent me Happy Birthday wishes as well as got me really meaningful gifts (Best, thank you so much. it sure is a luck charm! Kayan, it was too sweet of you. And, Kristen, I'm so blessed to have you.). I had a lovely day, spending the first half of the day with my Mom and Jie, and the second by having a simple but heartwarming birthday celebration at Jie Su's place together with the closest friends and family.


It has been a bit to grapple with during my birthday week, realizing that I'd be a quarter century old. But, I'll just go ahead and say it with pride that I'm 25. I've been more reflective than normal, thinking about and over-analyzing the tiniest things about my life and future. Yet, at the end of the day, I am proud of how hard I worked towards where I am right now. I feel happy, but more importantly, really blessed and sincerely grateful that I have many wonderful and supportive people in my life, including Mr. L who I'm still in love with. I pray that in this year, and in the next quarter century, I always stay true to who I am, do the things that I love and am passionate about, travel around the world, take as many photos as I can, smile from within and love truly and deeply.

,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments