Sunday, May 12, 2013

To My Mothers



Dear Grams, 
Despite us having had a language barrier, I never once felt that our conversations were boring. I miss hearing your soft and gentle giggles whenever we say something funny and seeing your warm pretty smiles just makes everything at ease. You've also introduced me to your favorite drink - Yakult which I've too come to have it as a staple and is a remembrance for me of you sitting on your favorite wooden chair watching television. You've taught me that raising five children can be tough especially during hardships when money was hard to come by. Yet, you did a marvelous job at it. Thank you grams for being you. <3

Dear Mama,
Though not biological related, I've always regard you as my own; a loving mother and grandmother to your 2 children and 7 grandchildren. You've taught me to be down-to-earth and loving just like you. You've also taught me the importance of having a close family and adoring children just the way you adore them. Thank you for having looked after me when I was a baby and being the best nanny in the world. Thank you for continuing to shower me with your love and spoiling me with all the wonderful dishes you cook specially for me when I go over. I love you mama for everything <3

Dear Mom,
Over the years, you've taught me to be humble and to respect others. You've reminded me to be patient with one another and never to take others for granted. You've also supported me and cheered me on at countless swimming competitions and dragonboat races, sacrificed your time to drive me around to drama classes every Saturday and trainings everyday (am sure you're glad that's over), taught me cooking & baking tips which grandpa passed on to you. Thank you for cooking for the family almost every Sundays and boiling tonic soups to boost my immune system. Thank you for inspiring me in my faith and for teaching me to thank the Lord in both good times and bad. Thank you for not giving up on me and continuing to love me despite my shortcomings. I love you more than the many cups of extra hot, dry cappuccino you drink each day and our same love for cheese.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments